As part of our partnership with RealSimGear, we have worked with them to develop the RealSimGear G500! This will be their first standalone software product and is sure to excite. Building from the RealSimGear Entegra avionics base, we’ve been able to develop a high-fidelity G500 simulation that can be integrated in X-Plane aircraft! It will ship with the default Cessna 172, modified with the G500 on the panel. The TorqueSim BN-2B and BN-2T Islander’s will also have support for the product! Learn more at RealSimGear’s website here.
The AFM G5 has become the RealSimGear G5 and an update is coming soon!
The AFM G5 has become a product of RealSimGear! We’ve got an exciting Version 2.0 update coming soon, as a free update to all our existing customers. Here is a quick preview of some of the new features of Version 2.0 of the G5:
With Version 2.0 of the G5, some significant improvements have been added, including:
- Autopilot status “scoreboard” and flight-director to the attitude indicator display
- Horizontal and vertical deflection indicators added to the attitude indicator display
- True airspeed, outside air temperature, and heading bug added to the attitude indicator display
- Wind speed/direction, course/dtk, and distance to waypoint added to the HSI display
- Updated the popups to use the modern popup system, as seen in the latest TorqueSim SR20/22 G1000 and Entegra versions, bringing better configurability and automatic popup support to RealSimGear G5 hardware users.
We are excited to release this update in the coming weeks!
See more info on the AFM website here.